It takes a lot to make and keep our public school strong. State and city budgets do not come close to covering everything that students, teachers and staff need to succeed. One of the key components that makes The Richard Rodgers School of the Arts and Technology the special place that it is, is support from our families.
Our annual fund pays for teaching assistants in your children’s classrooms, in addition to supporting curriculum development, grade-wide residencies and other essential programs and supplies not funded by New York City’s Department of Education.
We are able to enrich the experiences of our children because of generous donations from people like you.
Each year, PS 166 applies for funding from local politicians, corporations and organizations to help enrich our children’s education. Thank you to the following donors for your generous support!
- 2018 Grow to Learn Mini Grant
- 2018 Citizens Committee of New York City Composting Grant
- 2018 Participatory Budgeting Grant: $250,000 for technology upgrades from City Council Member Helen Rosenthal
- 2018 Capital Grant: $80,000 for technology upgrades from Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- 2017 Participatory Budgeting Grant: 295,000 for library expansion and renovations from City Council Member Helen Rosenthal
- 2017 Capital Grant: $207,500 for library expansion and renovations from Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- 2017 Art Partnership Grant ($15,000) from the Department of Education to bring Stop Motion Animation to all fourth graders
- 2016 Capital Grant: $210,000 for auditorium renovations and AV upgrades from City Council Member Helen Rosenthal
- 2016 Capital Grant: $100,000 for auditorium renovations and AV upgrades from Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- 2016 Programming Grant: $5000 for Chess in the Classrooms from New York State Assembly Member Daniel O’Donnell
- 2013 Team Up to Clean Up Golden Apple Award
Do you have questions or want to get involved? Contact email@example.com.
Clip box your box top labels on cereal boxes, tissues, and other household products to raise money for our school! Deposit labels in the Box Tops box by the security guard at the entrance to PS 166. Each Box Top label gets 10 cents for the school! Check how much we’ve raised at the boxtops4education website.
NY International Children’s Festival
Each year, PS 166 partners with the NY International Children’s Film Festival, which presents films from all over the world. Before you purchase tickets for a film, please remember to choose PS 166 as a school partner – a portion of ticket sales will go to our school!
Thank you to our generous families for their donations, to the local politicians who have provided grant funding, and to the local businesses that have supported us at Fall Fest, our Auction Gala, and throughout the year.
2017-18 Donors List
Council Member Helen Rosenthal
Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
Citizens Committee of New York City
Le Pain Quotidien
By The Way Bakery
Baked by Melissa
West Side Market
Georgia & Aliou’s Tiny Treats Cafe
Vive la Crepe
Hudson & Charles Butchers
Mani Market Place
5 Napkin Burger
Little Italy Pizza